While Installing driver for my Sonix PC camera, I was welcomed with the followng error. I was trying to run setup.exe. It was a setup program created with the InstallShield setup creator.
The details of the error were as below:
Error Code: -5004 : 0x80070005
pAPP:USB2.0 PC Camera-268
@Windows XP Service Pack 2 (2600) IE
After some Googling, I got a very unusual tip from Gonarth. I have tried other tips but they simply didn’t work. I as little bit tired, but finally I decided to check this out. The tip was very simple but strange. I tried it and wow! it worked. Beloow is the step by step description of what I did:
1. Opem command window. Start -> Run -> Type cmd and press enter.
2. At Command window, type following command
at time /interactive cmd.exe
Replace time with the actual time. For example, its 00:38 AM at my computer. So I should type time as 00:40. Press enter.
3. Close the command window.
4. Wait upto the time you entered in step 2. At this time, copmmand window will automatically appear on your screen.
5. Run the setup program from command window. For example, I was running setup from CD ROM so I typed "G:\setup.exe".
6. The installshield will load and run the setup without giving the 5004: 0x80070005 error.
7. Complete the installation as usual or as instructed in your installation guide.
The problem with the installshield program seems to be with the permissions. When you opened the command window using the at command, it is opened with some extra permissions. You run setup program with these extra permissions, and it works fine.